Swimming Lessons: June 28 - July 2nd (Ages 3-12)
Registration for this activity will open Monday, May 10th.
Swimming Lessons: June 28th - July 2nd (Ages 3-12)
American Red Cross Swimming Lessons
Town Beach, Long Pond - Crowell's Bog Rd (off Rte 124)
It is very common for swimmers to do multiple weeks at each level.
An adult must be in the water with the child.
Parking at Long Pond Beach without a Town of Brewster Beach Sticker is done at your own risk.
American Red Cross Level Descriptions
- Level 1: Child should be turning 4 by Sept. 1. Introduction to water skills helps students feel comfortable in the water and enjoy it safely.
- Level 2: Fundamental Aquatic Skills
- Level 3: Stroke Development, builds on skills from Level 2 by providing additional guided practice.
- Level 4: Stroke Improvement: develops confidence in the strokes learned and to improve other aquatic skills
- Level 5: Stroke Refinement: provides further coordination and refinement of strokes.
- Level 6: Swimming & Skill proficiency: refines the strokes so students swim them with ease, efficiency, power and smoothness over greater distances.