Brewster Recreation Department
Skip to nav
Brewster Community Tennis Courts Rules & Regulations
These rules exist for the purpose of maintaining our courts and providing an opportunity for all
to use them. Each participant is asked to cooperate and to assist in enforcing them.
The Brewster Recreation Department reserves the right to review and alter the tennis regulations
at any time should modification be necessary.
- Hours and days of operation: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm, Open every day. There are no lights at this
- Use of the Recreation Department owned building, ground property or equipment thereon the
Tennis Courts shall be engaged through the office of the Recreation Department.
- Use of the tennis courts shall at all times be subject to control by the Recreation Department,
who shall determine the scheduling of the courts for play.
- Recreation Department Tennis Programs will take precedence over open play. The
Recreation Department may offer instructional clinics, classes, tournaments, league tennis
and special events, at which times courts will be unavailable.
- A single player waiting for the arrival of their party may not hold a court. (*If there are other
players waiting to use the court.)
- Reservations can only be made at the office of the Recreation Department, located at the
- No refunds will be given for cancelled reservations.
- Reservations may be changed to another time or day by contacting the Recreation
- No private tennis instructions may be given at any time, unless sponsored and/or approved by
the Brewster Recreation Department
- The Town of Brewster and The Recreation Commission assumes no liability for injuries to
person who are on Town premises or for damage to any equipment or property.
- All players are expected and required to wear proper tennis attire at all times. Street shoes
and sandals are not allowed.
- No bicycles, tricycles, skateboards, roller blades, skates, scooters, baby carriages, baby
strollers or pets are allowed.
- Sitting or leaning on the nets is damaging to the nets and net straps and is strictly prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in and around the Brewster Community Tennis Courts.